Sunday, April 11, 2010

Zhou

Zhou is Denny and Celeste's driver in China. I am still not quite sure how you say his name as Denny says it different every time and I feel like every driver we have met is named Zhou. Since he was the only one we have driven around with I assumed everyone drives pretty crazy. Well, after driving around with a couple of other friends drivers I have come to find out this is not the norm. Some of them don't drive around like a cop on a high speed chase. Zhou loves to honk at everyone and flash the highbeams when you are in the way at night. China instituted some kind of horn law since it used to be ridiculously loud but I think he chooses to ignore it. One of his favorite moves is to drive around cars in the left hand turn lane. The other day he cut off a bus and in the middle lane was a pole. I know this all might sound crazy or a little scary but I feel safer than I do when Jeff drives around. He speaks some English and now that he
is comfortable with us he likes to ask questions of how to pronounce things in English. He also stated that he thinks Yao Ming sucks and is very slow (he like Kobe). Zhou typically turns off his music when we get into the car for some reason. Every now and again he will turn on some Celine Dion for us which I am sure he thinks we will enjoy. However, when Jeff ran into he store to get a phone number for his new 'Iphone' he put on some sword fighting soundtrack that every once in a while would yell things out in English like "screw your mother". I found this quite amusing but unfortunately for Jeff he turned it off as soon as he was back in the car. I think we are going to learn a lot of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment